Sunday, September 17

Big flower...

I went to a Stampin' Up sale yesterday of retired stamps and couldn't find one I wanted.
But over on a table of scrap booking supplies I found a Close To My Heart set of foam backed rubber stamps.
I figured if it wasn't too much I could add it to my granddaughter's bin.
It was only $2.00 so I bought it.
Then this challenge came along and I thought it would work perfectly...

The base card is water color paper.
The main piece is 3"x 3" water color paper that I stamped one of the flowers from the set using Distress ink antique linen.
Using Lyra watercolor crayons I colored the flower and using my water color brush I floated the colors.
Once it was dry I stamped the verse from Impression Obsessions "In A Garden" set using StazOn timber brown ink.
To finish I taped the square top the base card.

2 comments:

  1. A very beautiful card, and a perfect take on our code word :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS - Ellenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look you got with the Lyra watercolor crayons.
    Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!