Thursday, October 19
The car is black card stock that I colored with Prisma pencils as I saw in this tutorial...
On the left hand side of the card I stamped the candy corn from Lawn Fawn's "HYP? Candy Corn Add-on" set using Versamark in k and clear embossing powder.
Once it was heat set I colored the corns using the Prisma pencils.
To finish I stamped the verses from the same set using Versamark ink and white embossing powder and heat set it.
Clean and simple isn't always a white background!
Wednesday, October 18
So I had this idea last night, right before I went to sleep, that I should make a dozen cards for the Cards 4 Kids challenge using one of the packs of Christmas paper that I bought after Christmas last year on sale.
I got up this morning and dug into the closet and found this set...
Then I found the sketch challenge (see above).
Now it was off to find stamps and base card stock to go with it.
The base card is white card stock.
I used two papers from the package for the backgrounds and cut the bottoms using MFT Die-namics "Stitched Snow Drifts" then applied them to the base card.
The polar bear from MFT "Polar Bear Pals" was stamped using StazOn jet black ink and colored with red and green Koi water coloring pens.
The bear was then cut out and I ran a black permanent marker around the edge before glue dotting him to the card front.
To finish the card I stamped the verse from MFT "Jingle All the Way" using the StazOn.
Now off to make multiples and send them to the...
...so they can give them to the children in hospitals.
Tuesday, October 17
I haven't been able to stop playing with the leaves...
Unfortunately they dried up, but hubby went out this morning a brought me a new batch!
Using a maple leaf I started with a cream color card and used Distress Oxide wild honey and walnut stain inks to produce the leaf on the card top.
The verse from MFT Stamps "Clearly Sentimental About Pets" was stamped on the dried image using StazOn timber brown ink.
...in my book is Hocus Pocus!
This challenge's title made me think of it and the stamp set I have from Kindred Stamps called "Witch Sisters".
(all the stamps used on this card came from this set)
In the movie is one of my favorite scenes where Sara Jessica Parker jumps around saying..."Amuck, amuck, amuck".
I just had to use it for this challenge.
The base card is water color paper that I cut larger than the top piece and scored it as shown...
After cutting a front piece for the card I sponged Distress inks
( fossilized amber, faded jeans and black soot)
to make a sky and spritzed water on it and blotted it off with a paper towel.
On a piece of white card stock I stamped the witch using Adirondack jet black ink and colored her with Chameleon pens
(RD3, NU00, YO2, YO3 and RD4)
I trimmed her out with scissors and ran along the outside edge with a permanent black marker.
The front piece I die cut with one of my circle dies and attached it to the back piece with heavy duty double back tape.
To attach the witch I used an "Action Wobble" that I trimmed down to fit behind her hair.
This give her the chance to move like she does in the movie.
To finish I punched out a caption bubble using a punch by Marvy, and ran black marker around the edge after stamping the "amucks" using StazOn jet black ink.
This was then glued to the card front.
Sunday, October 15
...but if you knew the couple I am sending this to you would know it isn't odd at all!
I would like to thank...
for the inspiration for this card.
The base card is black card stock with another piece of black card stock, with a circle die cut into it, to place over the background piece.
The background piece is grey card stock with sponged Colorbox frost white ink on the lower half.
I used a piece of text paper die cut with Paper Smooches
"borders 1" for a mask.
Using the Tim Holtz circle sponge and more of the frost white ink I smooshed a moon.
I stamped the two light posts and the bats from Stampin' Up's "Holiday Home" set using StazOn jet black ink, after the frost white ink dried, then colored the lamps with Prisma pencils.
After applying this to the card front I stamped the verse from the same set with Versamark ink, used white embossing powder and heat set the verse, then applied it to the front.
On a separate piece of white card stock I stamped the house and ghost, from the same set, using The StazOn and colored the house using the Prisma pencils.
After cutting them out I glued them to the card front.